Immigration attorney
  • dimartinolaw
  • February 16, 2022

How Immigration attorney in Los Angeles can help?

There are two kinds of Visa that you can apply for to enter the United States. If you plan to stay in the US for more than 90 days, then you need to apply for a tourist visa (B-2). For shorter stays (less than 90 days), expedited Visas (such as B1-Business) or Visitor (B2-Tourist) visas may be available online, and your Italian lawyer for US immigration can help.

The B1-Business Visa allows you to conduct business activities like:

– Consult with business associates

– Attend or give a speech at a symposium or conference

– Participate in short training programs for your company

To qualify, your Immigration attorney in Los Angeles can guide you and you must present enough evidence of the following to  an immigration officer that proves you are coming to the US to engage in activities that require business-related expertise:

– That you will be paid by your company or an affiliated US company

– That you will receive a salary while you are here

– Evidence of your position and qualifications

The B1-Business Visa is typically valid for 6 months but can be issued for up to 10 years. An application form, instructions on filling out the online application, passport photos, and proof of ties abroad (if applicable) should all be prepared before applying for this visa. The B1-Business Visa costs are submitted in person at the Embassy/Consulate. When applying via mail, there may be an additional assessment. There is no biometrics fee for the B1-Business Visa.

The B2-Tourist visa is appropriate if you plan on visiting family or friends, traveling for pleasure, sightseeing, taking a short course of study (less than 18 hours/week), participating in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations

In order to qualify for the B2-Tourist visa, an immigration officer must determine that your trip serves a legitimate purpose and that you can show evidence of financial solvency to cover your expenses while in the US.  The application process consists of filling out a form, completing some simple steps online after paying a fee. Upon approval, some visas are valid for up to 10 years. A biometric fee is collected when applying in person at the Embassy/Consulate. When applying via mail, there may be an additional assessment.

The B2-Tourist visa costs is submitted in person at the Embassy/Consulate . There may be an additional assessment for applications submitted by mail. The B2-Tourist Visa Biometric must be paid upon submission of your application. Visa fees and biometrics will not be refunded after a petition has been approved or denied by USCIS.

Who can apply for US Visa?

Applicants with Advanced degrees: Professional and self-employment applicants.

Applicants must be planning to enter the United States in order to consult with business associates, travel for a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention/conference on specific dates, transact any necessary business or obtain advice regarding such matters.

The applicant needs sufficient evidence to demonstrate that he/she will be coming to the U.S. for a purpose that falls under one of the categories listed above.


Applicants who are younger than 17 years old, must have the following documents:

– Birth certificate (original)

– Marriage Certificate (if applicable)

– Notarized letter of parental consent form J-1 Visa The J-1 visa is a nonimmigrant exchange visitor visa that allows you to participate in an approved program. You will need this type of visa if you want to travel to the US for academic training or for on-the-job training. These visas are typically valid for one year until your designated “sponsor” can extend it, but can be extended based on circumstances.  To apply for the J-1 Visa, you will need these items ready: 1 application, passport photos, and contact information of the person

The B2 visa allows you entry into the USA for up to 6 months at a time. The maximum allowable stay per visit is generally 6 months but may be less depending on the circumstances and type of visa. A B2 visa allows you to travel to the United States for a temporary period for tourism, pleasure or visiting with friends or relatives.

Applicants with approved petitions from USCIS: Applicants who have been approved by USCIS as a religious worker, a nonimmigrant that has been determined to have extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, a multinational manager or executive being transferred to the United States, or an individual who has been offered employment in the United States.

In case you require legal assistance in visa processing, then contact the immigration attorney in Los Angeles- Di Martino Law Group who are the experts and popular attorneys in the USA. Their team has the necessary knowledge and skills to counsel, represent and guide you through the entire process. So contact Di Martino Law Group if you or any one of your family members is planning to go to the USA


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *