- 0 Comments
- 42 views
- November 12, 2022
How to Apply For a Student Visa?
If you are planning to study in the United States, you will need to obtain a student visa. The type of visa that you will need is determined by the level of study you are undertaking. For example, if you are planning to attend a university, you will need a student visa, whereas if you are only planning to attend a short course or English language program, you will need a different type of student visa. This can be done easily with the help of an immigration attorney in Los Angeles.
A student visa is a type of visa that allows foreign nationals to enter the United States for the purpose of pursuing an education. There are several different types of student visas, each with its own requirements that can be obtained through an expert immigration attorney in Los Angeles.
Types of Student visas – F or M visas.
There are two main types of student visas in the United States: the F1 visa and the M1 visa.
- The F1 visa: The F visa is for academic students who are enrolled in colleges, universities, high schools, private elementary schools, seminary programs, conservatories, or other academic institutions. Academic students make up the vast majority of international students in the United States. If you are coming to the U.S. to study at a university or college full-time, then you will need an F1 visa.
- The M1 visa: The M visa is for students who are coming to the United States to attend a non-academic or “vocational” school. If you are coming to the U.S. to study at a vocational or another type of non-academic school, you will need an M1 visa.
To be eligible for an F1 visa, or M1 visa, you must:
– Be enrolled in a full-time course of study at a SEVP-certified school– Intend to return to your home country upon completion of your studies
How to Apply for a Student Visa?
The first step in applying for a student visa is to obtain an I-20 form from your chosen school. To apply for a US student visa, you need to follow these steps:
1-Complete the online application form (DS-160):
The first step in applying for a student visa is to complete the online application form. The form is called the DS-160 and can be found on the website of the US Department of State.
2-Schedule an interview:
After you have completed the online application form, you will need to schedule an interview at a US embassy or consulate.
3-Pay the visa application fee:
The next step is to pay the visa application fee. The fee is currently $160 and must be paid in order to schedule an interview.
4-Gather the required documents:
After you have paid the visa application fee, you will need to gather the required documents. These documents include the following:
– A valid passport
– The DS-160 confirmation page
– One passport-style photograph
– The I-20 form from your school
– Evidence of financial support
5-Attend the interview:
The final step in applying for a student visa is to attend the interview at the US embassy or consulate. At the interview, you will be asked questions about your studies and your plans for after graduation. You will also be required to show the documents listed above.
After you have completed all of these steps, you will be issued a student visa and will be able to begin your studies in the United States. In case you are planning to apply for a student visa, contact Di Martino Law Group, which is a leading law firm with a team of expert immigration attorneys in Los Angeles. Call us or fill out our online form to get started.