Immigrant visa
  • dimartinolaw
  • July 20, 2022

5 Non-Immigrant Visas That You Must Know for the USA

The United States offers a variety of non-immigrant visas that allow foreign nationals to enter the country for specific purposes. There are various sorts of non-immigrant visas available to individuals who wish to work, study, or conduct business in the United States. If you pick the incorrect visa, you may be denied entry at the US border or even face a ban from entering the nation. It’s critical to understand the many types of visas available with the help of an immigration attorney in Los Angeles.

Business Visa: The B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for the United States that is available to individuals who wish to conduct business in the country. It is for individuals looking to attend a conference or a business meeting in the United States. If you are coming for business, you can attend meetings, conferences, or negotiate contracts. If you are coming for pleasure, you can visit family and friends or take a vacation. Importantly, this US business visa does not allow you to start a new firm in the country. You must submit your application at least 60 days before your departure date. If you do not have your visa yet, avoid purchasing air tickets in advance and consult with an Immigration Attorney in Los Angeles.

Work Visa: There are five distinct types of Y visas: H, L, O, P, and Q. The type of work you want to do in the United States is determined by which one you require. All these visas are only for short-term stays and individuals who gain one of these visas cannot stay in the United States permanently. When your visa expires, you will have to return to your native country. Your petition won’t be accepted until USCIS approves it.

Student Visa: Students must apply for a student visa in order to study at an institution in the United States. For eligibility, you may be required to pass a language exam. This test measures how well you can understand, write, listen, and speak that language. The most of them request for an English language test. You cannot take a vacation for more than 5 months without losing your visa while on a student visa.

Artists and Athletes Visa: This visa category is available to skilled professionals including actors, singers, and stage artists. It includes actors shooting a movie, stage performances, and attending an awards show. Athletes can also apply for a visa if there is a tournament or match to attend.

Media and Journalist Visa: I Visas are available to journalists who want to travel to the United States for the purpose of reporting news for their domestic audiences. The I visa category also applies to members of the film and television industry who are traveling to the United States to work on a project. This includes crew members, directors, and producers. You may be required to have a letter from your employer or sponsor in order to apply for this type of visa.

It is essential that you choose the right non-immigrant visa category when applying to come to the United States. If you select the wrong category, you may be denied entry at the US border or even face a ban from entering the country. It is important to understand the different types of visas available and which one is appropriate for your specific situation with the help of an immigration attorney in Los Angeles.

How can you get a non-migrant visa?

You need not bother about the application, documents, and processing as Di Martino Law Group can help you with the whole process. We have over 4 decades of experience in handling such cases and you can trust us with your case as well. We have a team of bilingual Immigration attorneys in Los Angeles and we operate on both sides of the Atlantic, so it does not matter which part of the Atlantic you are in, we can help you in the entire process of visa.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *