TRACY L. WELLS, ESQ. – Of Counsel - Independent Collaborator
Tracy Wells is a transactional and litigation attorney whose practice focuses on intellectual property, entertainment, and business matters. She also provides strategic counseling on a broad range of intellectual property, branding, business and contractual issues. Ms. Wells has represented a wide range of clients, including entertainment, technology, fashion, nonprofit, pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer product manufacturers.
Prior to Wells Law, Ms. Wells was Counsel at a boutique law firm specializing in settlement of complex mass tort litigation, and an attorney at an international AmLaw 100 firm specializing in a broad range of litigation matters. In addition, Ms. Wells was Internal Counsel to a UK company where she negotiated patent licenses and managed patent litigation cases related to its proprietary technology.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Working on intellectual property licensing and branding matters with respect to entertainers and major product developers and manufacturers.
- Prosecuting US and foreign trademark applications for profit and non-profit companies, entertainers, designers, artists, and educators
- Handling production, financing, and litigation matters for film production companies.
- Prosecuting US copyright applications for literary, arts, fashion and entertainment industry clients; and managing copyright clearances for a library comprised of health and environmental-related materials pertaining to the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Managing the discovery phase for large scale intellectual property, trade secret, antitrust, commercial and environmental litigation matters. Representations include:
- An oil and gas company;
- A manufacturer and distributor of major household cleaning products;
- A leading Internet domain name registry operator;
- A solar panel manufacturer; and
- A group of technology defendants in patent infringement actions alleging infringement of patent relating to geographically and topically organized searchable databases.
- Working on national settlement matters for a medical device company in connection with litigation involving pelvic repair system products.
- Working on natural resources damages analysis, and medical class action settlement, regarding the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
B.A., English, University of California, Santa Barbara
Credentials and Qualifications:
- California State Bar;
- Washington State Bar;
- US District Court, Central District of California;
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.